Recieved this helpful information in an email from my mate (Keg.za.net).
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls? Here’s a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5″ x 5″ is a good size. Divide the card into columns–five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* synergy * strategic fit * core competencies * best practice * bottom line * revisit * expeditious * to tell you the truth (or “the truth is”) * 24/7 * out of the loop * benchmark * value-added * proactive * win-win * think outside the box * fast track * result-driven * empower (or empowerment) * knowledge base * at the end of the day * touch base * mindset * client focus(ed) * paradigm * game plan * leverage *
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout “BULLSH*T!”
Testimonials from satisfied “Bullsh*t Bingo” players:
“I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won.” – Adam W., Atlanta
“My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically.” – David T., Florida
“What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win.” – Dan J., New York City
“The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box.” – Ben G., Denver
“The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed ‘BULLSH*T!’ for the third time in two hours. The Bullsh*t Bingo Championship will be played at the next meeting.” – Jim O., Portland