Today is apparently Blog Day. Didn’t know that? Now you do.
Why is Blog Day any different to any other day? I’m not too sure. At the moment BlogDay.org, the official “Blog Day” website, is down. Probably not the best time for that to happen.
According to White African, Blog Day is a day to highlight 5 blogs that you enjoy and want to tell others about.
So here goes:
1. Seeing I’ve just mentioned White African, I thought I should put his blog on my prestigious list. Afterall, I’m a subscriber to his RSS feed, and love reading his unique content on where Africa and technology collide. Even though White African’s author, Erik, lives in the States, his heart and passion is in Africa. He is a great ambassador for the African blogosphere.
2. Coda. If you live in South Africa and read blogs, and haven’t found a link to Coda’s blog before, you must be blind, deaf and dumb. Coda’s unique, very usuable design, combined with his great design/development/photography content makes for a great blogging experience.
3. Chumpstyle. These lads have a great lifestyle blog with something for any kind of bloke to enjoy. Whether it be links to time-consuming, mind-numbing flash games to waste away your work days, a unique perspective on Hollywood gossip, news about their debauturous weekends, or FHM imagery, it’s all in there. As they put it, “It’s better than a kick in the balls”.
4. Veerle’s Blog. Seeing I’m a web designer I have to have at least one blog on my list that is purely dedicated to design. Veerle is probably the oracle of putting pretty pictures together with great typefaces to form very usuable, very good looking websites. Her content is always informative and always inspiring for us lower class web designers.
5. Aquila Online. I don’t know what it is that makes me keep going back to Aquila’s site to see more car vanity plates, but I do. His site hosts content not just about vanity plates … but also comments on current affairs, entertainment, celebrities, funnies, and technology. A great lunch time read.
So there you have it. My little bit of social networking. I’m feeling the good karma already.
Leave a Reply